Sunday, May 3, 2015

Done with the Legs

The workbench is moving pretty fast now.  This week I finished building all four legs.  After the glue up, they needed a little tweaking to flatten the glue joints.  I don’t have a jointer, and didn’t want to spend the time just now making a planer sled.  Instead, I used some blue tape and thin cardboard strips to shim one side of each leg.

A few passes through the planer with the shimmed side down.
Then I removed the shims and planed the other side until the leg was flat and square all around.  A few minutes tweaking the tenons, then cut them all to final length.


84 Days | 83 Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-58830821-1