Sunday, March 1, 2015

Workbench Build

This weekend, I finished gluing up the fourth and final slab for the top.  I have to say, it took less time than I thought it would.  I have about 36 hours into the project so far, and one month on the calendar.









I’m able to mill by hand now much better than when I started.  It’s one thing to read how to do something, but there’s no better teacher than experience.  I was able to read the cup and twist, and straighten it out, on the last board in about half the time (and double the certainty) as the first board.  I still have a lot of milling to do after the top is glued up, and hopefully it will go a lot quicker, since most of the parts for the base are much shorter.

22 Days | 38 Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-58830821-1